How to turn on notification by "@" mention in confluence?

Filipp Patrikeev April 17, 2018

Mentions working in jira so i wanna to use it in confluence

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

hi @Filipp Patrikeev,

you can use "@" to mention users also in confluence. are you facing any issue mentioning users? 

anyway Confluence Mentions Plugin has to be enabled to use this function. you should verify this with your confluence Admin. 

Reference:

Mentions

Hi!

No, there is no problems with mentioning, the problem is in notifications by email after i mentioned somebody. Nobody recieves this notification

Like Anna likes this
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

@Filipp Patrikeev

Below section must be helpful for you. that is from Mentions document. 

• Mention notifications - A notification is sent to the people you mention the first time you mention them, but not for subsequent mentions. If you need to catch someone's attention, and you've already mentioned them, try sharing the page with them instead.

System plugin is enabled, but it makes no sense. Even if i creating new page, and trying to mention myself, nothing happens, not receiving any mails from confluence about this "mention", but i receiving other mails about pages i'm watching

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

@Filipp Patrikeev in this community question an Atlassian team member has mentioned as below,

We indeed do not include the mention author as a notification recipient.

Perhaps that only makes sense if "Notify on my actions" is not checked.

according to him you should not be receiving any notifications when you mention your self. that is the expected behavior. 

But if you mention other users in the page and they do not receive any mail that is an issue.

1. Do other users experience the same issue who uses your confluence instance? 

Reference:

That's it! It was a big mistake to test notifications by mentioning myself.

Thanks for your help.

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

Glad to help you @Filipp Patrikeev :-) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events