Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off watching in Confluence Answers?

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2014

I clicked for a single question to watch it and now I am getting email notifications for all the new questions.   How can I turn off watching completely in Confluence Answers until this gets fixed?

2 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2014

Look under Topics (just beside Questions) and unwatch the topics you are currently watching.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2014

Thanks, I will search through the list to see if I can find one. What is confusing me is I did not turn on topic (label) watching because 99% of them do not make any sense without the ability of combining more than one topic and that is not possible.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2014

Maybe this issue is somehow related to when I was giving feedback on the test system. I really just requested to watch a single question.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2014

ahhh, blissful email notification silence! :>)

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

When I answered my first question on Confluence Question there came this popup if I want to watch. I thougth it was the question I'm watching but - after some mails - I found out it was the topic. That's why I got in the same problem.

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

FWIW, when I looked at topics, I was subscribed to "Confluence" as a topic, which is why I was getting all new Confluence-related questions. I never deliberately signed up for that. Anyway, now I've unchecked it, and hopefully I'll stop getting the spam.

3 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

Here is the issue tracking this issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1316

Here is slightly more detail on how I applied Udo's answer that I wrote into the reported issue.

Look at one of the questions and see what topics are associated with it. Unfortunately you cannot search for them since the watch link is not displayed. Manually scan the unordered list to find those topics and see if they display the unwatched link.

Also if you see a popup asking you to watch it,  answer NO! :>)

One more thing,  please give Udo's answer the upvote if this answer helps you.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

I looked at all the topics using this link: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/topics I clicked 'Unwatch' wherever it appeared next to a topic.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

that is correct, but how many show more did you need to do to find them all? If you are lucky they are near the top, but that is not guaranteed at the moment.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

I just went to that page and used my brower's search to find 'Unwatch', and clicked each occurrence. So far, no more emails have showed up, so time will tell if I got them all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events