How to stop unknown keyboard shortcut from losing data in Confluence?

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

I'm using Confluence 5.3.1 with Firefox. When I'm editing, occasionally I hit some unknown keyboard shortcut and suddenly I'm on some other page, the edit session is not in the browser's "Forward" or "Back" list, and I've lost my work.

Any suggestions other than constantly saving and re-editing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

I don't want to disable all shortcuts. I'm not even sure it's a Confluence shortcut.

I switched to Chrome and it does not seem to have the problem. It also pastes text differently so that Preformatted tags appear at the beginning and end of a block instead of at the beginning and end of each line.

1 vote
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2013

I would recommend for you to disable the keyboard shurtcut, if you don't need it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Keyboard+Shortcuts#KeyboardShortcuts-Disablingandre-enablingkeyboardshortcuts

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events