How to stop image scaling with browser window size?

Andrew McDonald July 21, 2021

I have an old page using the old editor experience. It had a few lines where I'd placed small images then a line of text. Hoping to replicate this in a new page using the new editor, but now I find the image scales when the user changes their browser window size, putting it totally out of scale with the text. How do I ensure it retains a fixed size? The scaling doesn't even seem sensible - sometimes when the browser window is small the image suddenly becomes massive, perhaps because of some sort of page reflow thing.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2021

Hi @Andrew McDonald ,

The new editor maintains a percentage-based width when the browser window is resized. This can have the effect of making the text move around the image or not strictly paired with words above or below the image.

There is an open feature request to have images size by pixels rather than percentages. You can watch and vote on that request here: CONFCLOUD-67554 

Cheers,
Daniel

Andrew McDonald August 8, 2021

Thanks @Daniel Eads . I see that was opened two years ago and is still only in a "gathering interest" status, so I don't hold out much hope for it. I'll just remove the images for now.

0 votes
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 5, 2021

According to my experience, it shouldn't behave like that; maybe you copied and pasted it with some sort of old format from the old editor experience.

Why don't you try to build a new page, and before pasting the information directly, try to paste it first in Notepad to be sure you're not bringing any further configuration to the new page. And regarding the images, maybe save it first, and then upload it to the new page instead of just pasting it.

Hopefully, that might works. If not, contacting your system admin might be a good idea. All the best!

Andrew McDonald August 5, 2021

Thanks Huwen, but I'm not sure that's the case. I just added the images fresh to the new page, not copied from another.

I'm not sure what my sysadmins will do about it, as they have no Confluence expertise themselves. It just seems like a bug in the "new editor experience"?

Like Huwen Arnone likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events