How to specify a parent page when creating pages using templates?

Hooman_Famili November 7, 2017

Am using Confluence in the cloud.  I have created  a template under Space Tools -> Content Tools -> User Defined Templates.  When our users go to create a page and use this template from the pop up selection list, I would like to have the page be created under a specific (existing) parent page.  How can I accomplish this?

2 answers

1 vote
Malin February 19, 2019

Hi! I see this post is from 2017, so I'll ask if it is still not possible on Cloud?

We are using a Create form template macro in an Confluence Overview page. 

When we click on "new morning checklist" (name of our template) from the overview page, we want the page we then create, to fall under a certain parent page.  
Otherwise our list of pages will be pretty messy. 

Mark Nash April 4, 2019

We would like this functionality aswell!

We want all our Docs to fall into the correct section in Confluence and specifying the Paerent from the Template or button would be extreamly useful!

Like Bahram likes this
Hooman_Famili April 4, 2019

I have noticed an update to the cloud version that somewhat addresses this.  When you click the  "+" to make a new page, there is now an option to choose the template and the location/parent page.  It's not an attribute of the template, but helps.

image.png

0 votes
Anton Chemlev - Toolstrek -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

You can try to put Create from template macro on the page, you want to be parent. So, all pages will be created under this page.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create user macros in Cloud. On server i used this recipe - https://stiltsoft.com/blog/2014/03/atlassian-confluence-look-feel-tricks-creating-buttons/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events