Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set anonymous access to Confluence in cloud without granting confluence license?

Deleted user June 10, 2016

My company currently has confluence site in cloud. I need to allow employee to view confluence space without assigning them as licensed users, just view only for all employee in my company.

I checked the Global Permissions for Anonymous Access => Use Confluence => can use. Unfortunately it still ask employee to log in Atlassian Cloud. How can I provide Atlassion Cloud log in without granting employee confluence license? If I am not on the right track, any suggestion on how I can accomplish my goal here?

Thank you so much!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

You can't. You can enable anonymous users but that will enable everyone on the net to access the instance (it doesn't sound that's what you're after). Your only 2 options are either to give users accounts or go server where you can limit by ip.

Deleted user June 13, 2016

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for helping me. I found a work around. I created Employees as users without checking on Confluence for application access. Once the employees accept invite and create their own passwords to log into cloud account, then they can access to my space in our company's confluence, after I set "view" permission for anonymous in my space. This way, employee only has view access and not taken the confluence license.

Does the anonymous access still domain protected? Is it only available to the anonymous users in my company's confluence net not to everyone who is in Atlassion's net right? I used to a internal Confluence server environment, not sure how confluence runs in Cloud. Need to make sure data security. The data in my space is safe to be viewed by any employees in my company's confluence net, but not to anyone outside of my company. Appreciate your feedback!

Thank you!

Sally

Like John Andrukonis likes this
0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

Hi Sally,

Yes you can. You just need to enable anonymous access.

This documentation page describes the steps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/managing-anonymous-or-public-access-690849667.html#Managinganonymousorpublicaccess-EnablinganonymousaccessinConfluence

Please write back.

Cheers,
Peter T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events