Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a custom title for "JIRA issues macro" in confluence when display count is used

rajesh shinde July 30, 2014

Using Confluence 5.5

Able to insert "JIRA issues macro" and use it to display issue count, for e.g, "17 issues" as instructed and illustrated in the "Displaying a count of issues" - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/dCAC

Now, it displays "17 issues". is there a way, via using wiki markup or otherwise, to change this to "17 tasks" or "17 items"?

There is documentation for storage format, as well as wiki format. But it seems wiki format does not work for the Confluence 5.5.

How to change the "issues" part when the JIRA issues macro is used with display total issue count?

2 answers

0 votes
CelesteCS May 14, 2015

Hello,

You may use a macro, which takes numerical value from the JIRA Issues macro output.

I can advice Numerical Expression macro from CelesteCS Math for Confluence plugin. It takes other macro output as input parameters, converts them to numerical values, and performs some calculations over them. In case of JIRA Issues macro it will take "17 issues"text, take 17 from it and use it for its calculations. As a corner case they may be no calculations specified - that's your case - you will specify only one macro inside it and Numerical Expression will show 17 as a result. Other text, like "tasks"or ïtems"may be specified either inside or outside Numerical Expression macro body.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

0 votes
Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2014

I think this must be something that isn't currently allowed via configuration. You'd likely have to touch the code to get it to work. I assume that because its not documented.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events