How to send out all blog posts collectively at end of week

Lennart Funke September 28, 2018

Hi all,

I am posting curated news daily (roughly 1-3 posts per day) to our confluence blog. To boost view rates, I want to send out an email at the end of the week with all the blog posts of this week (not just one email per every post I make). Is there a way to make this happen? Also it should not send out the entire blog each and every time but only the newly added news.

I am fairly new to adjusting confluence to my needs but hope you all can help me out with this. If this has been answered somewhere before, please apologize, I couldnt find anything in the search.

Thank you very much in advance!

Lennart

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

Hi, Lennart.

Since Confluence do not have a tool to schedule the release of blog post by default, I would recommend you to have a look at the Content Scheduler for Confluence add-on. Just to name a few, these are the features offered by it:

• publish content at a set date and time
  • edit and re-schedule prepared content
  • display all scheduled content in one easy to read table
  • create custom short URLs to link to your content from newsletters or emails

Perhaps you can give it a try and see if it suits the requirement that you have here?

Lennart Funke October 9, 2018

Hi Ahmad,

thank you very much for your reply! I had a look at it and am afraid this is not helpful as it cannot be used to share posts from the blog via email, but rather schedule when I post to the blog.

Please, apologize if I did not make my use case clear: I would like to send out a daily or weekly list of all newly added blog posts via email to my team. Think of it as a tweaked watch feature: instead of getting an email everytime, I post something to the blog, I want to send out one email each EOB/EOW with all posts of that day/week automatically.

Benefits of this:

-People get distracted less often -> more productivity

-People get less annoyed due to fewer emails -> higher read/click rate 

Any other hints at what could help me achieve this?

Best regards,

Lennart

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2018

Hello, Lennart.

Thank you for the clarification. In regards to the statement below:

I would like to send out a daily or weekly list of all newly added blog posts via email to my team

In a simpler explanation, you would like to send out a daily / weekly customized email that lists the latest blog posts via Confluence (I hope I got that right this time). By default, the Subscribe to recommended updates mentioned in the documentation here should be able to do this automatically based on likes, newly created content, and recent activities:

Receive a daily or weekly email message showing the top content that is relevant to you from spaces that you have permission to view.

However, this is specific to spaces, rather than specific blog posts / pages. 

I had a discussion with the team about this and while there are no functionality / third-party addon (at least to my knowledge) that can cater to this specifically, there is Email this Page add-on that allows users to perform a single click to send out the content of the page as a customized newsletter. The catch here is that it needs manual intervention (no automation). 

Let us see if any other users have done this before and hopefully, we can find the best solution to this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events