Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send automatic e-mail when file attached?

Eric Cho March 22, 2020

I want to know how to send automatic e-mail to list of users, when file attached.

Want to use, confluence page as a FW release page, and for this when an editor update(upload) new FW into the page, into file attach box, then in this case, I want to auto generate e-mail to be sent to list of users.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Eric Cho 

You can't do that out of the box. There isn't any automation to use (on a premium plan) to check if someone uploads an attachment. Perhaps Scriptrunner could do that trick for you, but then again I'm not so sure.

Jessie Wang_ScriptRunner_The Adaptavist Group
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Eric Cho @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ in ScriptRunner for Confluence we have a feature called Listeners which allows you to create custom automations triggered by Confluence events.

In Confluence, there is an attachment created event available to act as trigger, however there is no way to send a notification as Atlassian doesn't provide an API in Confluence cloud to send a notification. So due to the API limitations, the use case you request above is not possible.

As a workaround, perhaps you can add the users to the page as watchers so they get notified when it is updated? You can do this by script using the Add Content Watchers API documented here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/v1/api-group-content-watches/#api-wiki-rest-api-user-watch-content-contentid-post

Note that the watchers will also get notified of other updates to the page like comments etc.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events