How to see all comments to a Confluence page?

I can see only the list of resolved ones. But it'll be nice to see all comments list because it can be a long article on a page and many comments. 

13 answers

1 vote

Hi Maria,

As far as I know, Confluence pages show all comments. E.G. This Knowledge page from Atlassian documentation contains a lot of comments and all of them are shown.

Would be possible to clarify the behavior you are seeing?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo, thank you for your answer. Look what I mean: select some plain text and wait till the small menu appear, select Inline comment. You can leave many inline comments on a page. Like comments in MS Word. But you can see the list of these comments in one place.

You probably ment "you cannot see the list of these comments in one place"

Rodrigo, we need inline comments - the one that allow people to add comments to a specific place in the text. Check out how Google docs handles multiple comments on a page in review mode. Need something like this.

To clarify, as requested, I'm attaching two screenshots showing that if you click on a page none of the inline comments is visible. If you click on one it becomes visible (but the other is hidden), and clicking on the second one makes the first go away.

I made you a bookmarklet to iterate over inline page comments. It has a few flaws (e.g. it may stop multiple times on one comment if that comment contains formatted text), but I find it useful. Bookmarklet here:

http://webapps.stackexchange.com/a/97431/10656

Maria is looking for _inline_ comments and not for the comments in the bottom of a page. This would be really helpful since if you write an inline comment on small things (e.g. a number) its highlighting will be more or less invisible.

I am also interested in having a comments tracker, one that even shows the resolved comments in a table

Having to traverse all the highlights to find replies to my comments can be very time consuming on a well-discussed document.

+1 on this request for a page to view all inline comments. Inline comments can be very hard to find, and there's no way I can alert people to the existence of them unless I go into each and every comment separately and grab the link (from the timestamp on the comment).

I second that. We find Inline comments invaluable for collective document reviews, but having to click to sea each new one makes it challenging to find something specific.

+1 on this as well, being able to see all comments at once would really reduce the extra effort needed to click each one as current functionality dictates.

+1. Inline comments are not worth using if we can't force their displaying of all inline comments  via menu or parameter. 

Hovering over a selection to see inline comment s not an option.

+1. Without being able to list all in-line comments on a page, it's a real challenge for authors to manage and resolve more than just a few comments. Google Docs makes in-line commenting much easier in this regard. 

Yes, this is the #1 reason we switched back to google docs to collaborate on design documents. Inline comments are essential, but were consistently getting lost / abandoned by our engineers.

We would overlook any of the other drawbacks and switch to Confluence for design docs with this one change.

0 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion May 18, 2017

There is a plugin for Confluence Cloud that resolves this issue:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/see-all-unresolved-comments/cloud/overview

and it should be released for Server very soon as well ;)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,623 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you