Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search only from root page, not full space

jkoerwer June 25, 2014

Hi,

I want to include a Search Box in a specific page that searches only in this page and the child pages. I tried the different search macros, ending up with the "search page tree macro" (even though I would prefer the live search function). However, it still searches in the whole space where my root page is located, not just in the root page and its child pages. With the syntax: "rootpage" AND "Searchterm", it works fine, but if possible I would like to specify the searchpages in advance, and not have my colleagues type the rootpage everytime they use the search function. We are on Confluence 5.5.2.

Thanks in advance,

Jonas

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2014

You want to use the Page Tree search.

{page tree search}
0 votes
jkoerwer June 25, 2014

Hi Stephen,

I have been using the page tree function.
I realize now that my problem is something else. When people use the searchbar, the searchbar automatically starts with the ancestorID. So my question actually is if it is possible to keep this out of the searchbar, because people might delete it if they want to specify their search and then search the whole space and not the page tree.

Greetings,

Jonas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events