How to restrict space permissions by LDAP group when authing through Crowd with OpenLDAP?

Kimberly McKinnis October 20, 2011

I want to restrict Confluence space permissions by group. I'm authenticating through Crowd, which uses a directory to our OpenLDAP with Posix. Currently, Crowd is set up to only allow my team (group: sd) to authenticate to the Confluence application, this works. However, it's like this group isn't passed along to Confluence. When I ask it to restrict access to a space, it doesn't see any of the LDAP Posix groups, including the one it just allowed me to authenticate through. Is there a nice way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

This might happen since you are not importing the group itself but its content.

What you can do is to import all the groups but set just a few users to be imported inside confluence-users groups. The confluence-users group (by default) will determine which users will be able to login into Confluence and it's a good way to filter that!

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events