Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to report a bug at Atlassian without a SEN?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

I discovered a bug in confluence and wanted to raise a support request, but I have no SEN since I am just a user and not the administrator.

How can I do this? And no - contacting the administrators of this confluence instance ist not a solution for me.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2017

The short answer is: You can't.

Background:  http://blogs.atlassian.com/2016/07/improving-feedback/

Unfortunately, contacting the server administrator is the only solution available.  Considering that the first step in troubleshooting the issue will invariably involve collection information from the system, such as which plugins are installed and the contents of log files, the administrator would need to be involved, anyway.

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

This means, only Admins (or people who are technical contacts) can report bugs, because of this PLUS information they can provide additionally, right?

If I am honest: If I would be responsible for a product like Confluence, I would be glad for any bug somebody reported, instead of following an obstacle like involving another person (the Confluence admin) who probably lacks knowledge of understanding the problem the user discovered. Just from the perspective that the bug could harm my business ...

Just my 50 Cents

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events