How to remove information macro from a page and where can i find information on templates

hi,

im new to confluence and i'm trying diffrent page templates and macros.i added a info macro but i dont want it anymore. i just want that information as paragraph instaed. how can i do this ? i tried to highlight the macro and delete it but its deleting the text within the macro.

also, our company wants to try different page templates for different support documentation. i'm given the job to suggest the templates.where and how can i get this information apart from the 101 documentation.

1 answer

0 vote

A macro does dynamic things when the page is rendered.  You'll need to copy the static content out of the macro and paste it in where you want it, then delete the macro.

I can't tell you what templates to suggest, as I don't know what your users are looking for.  This is something I'm afraid you'll have to work out for yourself, based on what your users want.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

88 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you