How to remove / hide child pages list in OnDemand 5.1?

I came across this:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47875/how-to-remove-hide-child-pages

which says to use Custom HTML, but there's apparently no Custom HTML in OnDemand.

Since we're probably going to want to use Google Analytics as well, I'm thinking that we need to switch from OnDemand to installed.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Robert,

Inserting HTML in Confluence OnDemand was removed due to security concerns and it's currently listed on OnDemand's Restricted Functions page. If you really need to use HTML the solution would be indeed going to a Installed self hosted instance.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Thanks, OnDemand really seems to offer too limited a subset of Confluence's capabilities.

That doesn't really answer the quesiton, Marlon. How does one hide the child page list in OnDemand Confluence? Or can't you? We're using the children macro in the page itself, so listing the children again is redundant and confusing.

Matt,

Without the use of Custom HTML it is impossible to obfuscate the display of the child pages.

You could try nesting the child page you wish to hide a couple levels deep and limiting the depth of the child macro search.

There is no good way to completely remove the display of these child pages. Sounds like yet another feature request.

Man this sucks! I have OnDemand Confluence as well and want to remove the dang child pages from the bottom of each page. WTF, how can this not be an option to remove this. The information is already in the left side nav!!! I have spent 3 hours now chasing down this problem. From old Confluence posts that do not apply to new UX of confluence. To looking for this damn Confluence HTML Marco that is not included in OnDemand! What a pile! Please check out squarespace.comfor a good UX experience. This is 100000x more complicated than it should be!!!

I gave up on OnDemand right after posting this question. It's OK for some basic things but nothing like the flexible platform installed Confluence is.

This widget could not be displayed.

Every once in a while, someone says exactly what you needed to say. Today is that day and @aaron weber, you are that person. With OnDemand the little things seem very, very, very hard. Disappointing and frustrating experience on the whole.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

477 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you