Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to redirect directly from the title to another confluence page?

PolYGame April 19, 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for redirecting people to another confluence page directly when they click on the page title on the left tree, is it possible ?

Currently I am using iFrame to display the content of the second confluence page but it's not ergonomic and ugly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks !

4 answers

2 votes
Steve April 28, 2021

On Confluence cloud there is no way to do what is technically a redirect. But even with the other way to do it any page still needs to load.

We were struggling to redirect Confluence cloud pages and didn't find anything useful on the marketplace so built our own macro. It works pretty well so we just put it on the marketplace as Easy Redirection for Confluence cloud.

It's a bit of a workaround due to the cloud restrictions, thus the pop up. In building it we learned a lot so sent me a question if want to learn more details. I know many are planning or at least considering moves from server to cloud and need to map things out beforehand.

2 votes
Bernard Welter June 14, 2019

Could Atlassian implement a feature like 'redirect' in wikipedia?

Adding extra macros on the server is often not possible for a ordinary user.

see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Redirect

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

It wouldn't make sense to redirect someone when they click on a page title on the tree - the whole point of it is that it should take you to the page the user has asked for.

You say you are using an iframe to display another page in a page, that really is a horrible way to try to show content.

Try the "include page" or "include excerpt" macros instead, they're far better (and you can always enclose them in a simple panel if you need to highlight that the content is from elsewhere)

PolYGame April 19, 2017

The point is, we need to access the same confluence page in different trees.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

Hi Pol,

no, I don't think that this is possible. The tree on the left side is representing the Confluence pages in the space, so if a page title there would link to something completely different, this would be very confusing.

But you can add custom links to your sidebar, if you are a space administrator. Just click on "Configure Sidebar".  

PolYGame April 19, 2017

Thanks for the reply, I will ask my administrator if he can change it !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events