How to prevent users from changing document approval status (Comala Document Management workflow)?

Nuno Lima January 13, 2023

Hi!

I'm implementing with my team the use of Comala workflows to approve documents. An user from my team - who has NO editing permissions - opened a page and somehow changed it from 'Published' to 'Draft'. Looking at space permissions (General), this user has 'View' permissions only; all the other are disabled.

Can someone explain how could he possibly change the approval status and how can I prevent this from happening again in the future?

1 answer

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2023

Hello @Nuno Lima, welcome to the community!

We need a bit more information to understand what is happening here. Could you open a ticket with us at https://support.comalatech.com

It would useful if you could:

• Provide screenshots of space permissions, page restrictions and the Workflow History
  • Attach your workflow JSON to the ticket in a txt file

Thanks in advance

James

Nuno Lima January 13, 2023

Hi James!

Thanks for your quick response. The link you included for the Comala support is not working ('This site can't be reached'). Can you please double-check?

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2023

Apologies, an errant space character snuck into the hyperlink. Have fixed. Please try again

Nuno Lima January 16, 2023

No problem! Ticket opened!

Like James Conway likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events