How to prevent users from browsing user profiles

Ville Talus September 2, 2013

Our company is using Atlassian OnDemand and we are now having a bit of a problem. The problem is that we are using Jira and Confluence with multiple customers. Today one of our customer noticed that he could search for profiles of other users. We and he also think that this is a information security issue.

So what I want is to know how to prevent customer A from seeing customer B's profile and vice versa.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hi there,

Unfortunately, Confluence does not have the ability to hide its user profiles for now. Please refer to our documentation here to hide people directory link to help hiding the list of users registered in Confluence:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Hiding+the+People+Directory

And please watch and address your concern on our existing new feature request that is relevant with your query here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-1134

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Ville Talus September 3, 2013

Unfortunately that documentation doesn't apply to Confluence OnDemand.

Andreas September 3, 2013

I have a faint hope that Atlassian employees will start reading question tags before answering …

Like Tuomas Tokola likes this
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Hi Ville,

I apologize, as I forgot to inform you that the above implementation could be requested by creating a support ticket on our support channel. Our support engineer will hide Confluence's people directory for you.

Again sorry, I should have let you know upfront that you could request this, and the provided link is actually meant for other users who might read this thread but not using OnDemand.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events