How to prevent temporarily the system of sending notification emails

Yanick Belart December 8, 2016

Hi there,

I am administrator of confluence (version 5.9.9) and I would like to migrate a lot of content (blog posts) from our old intranet to an existing space. The problem now is, that there are thousands of watchers in that space. Is there a way to prevent the system of sending notification email to all these users/watchers while I do the migration?

Maybe a workaround: If I "disconnect" the email server during the migration, does the system sending out notification emails from a queue after reconnecting the mail server?

Thanks for supporting me.

Best regards,

Yanick

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcel Woschek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2016

Maybe this Link can help you

Yanick Belart December 8, 2016

Genius! Thank you very much Marcel

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2016

Another method if you are not an Admin is to

First create a page in your "target" space and set its View Restrictions to just yourself.

Put all the transferred content under that page

Wait 24 hours then remove the Restriction (to allow for the "what changed in the last 24 hours" notification to be done)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events