Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move headings in page?

mat jung September 14, 2020

Hi All,

I hope this question has been asked before and someone knows the location of the answer.

Situation.

Within a confluence site space I just created a page based on template Product Requirements.

This template contains a lot of headings (H2 headings)

I wish to change the "order of the headings" including the content on the same page.

Is there an easy way, to move a heading with content up or down?

Doing it with Cut / Paste is somehow not working well.

The focus of the online editor is Formatting and not Positioning.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2020

Hello Mat!

I've usually had some luck selecting the text I want to move, then long-clicking (and holding the cursor down), then dragging the selection to where I want on the page. Here's a video example where you can see the click/long click and hold:

header-move.gif

I hope this helps move things around on the page in the structure you'd like!

Although it sounds like your content isn't currently in one, you could also use the Layouts macro to move things around as well. On the edge of a layout section, you might notice your cursor changing icons. You can double-click at the edge there to select a whole layout section. Then you can click/hold and move the section as well!

section-move.gif

Cheers,
Daniel 

mat jung September 16, 2020

I already struggle to select the text.

The Layouts is for columns - I needed something for rows.

Below the Heading is often a Table and it looks like the Table JS interferes with selecting the text before and after the table.

I am starting to wondering if the Template author should have grouped Heading+Table+Text - somehow into a div or section.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2020

Interesting, I wonder if this may also be platform related. Using the Product Requirements template you're on, this is moving a section that includes a table on MacOS with the latest Chrome:

table-move.gif

Would you be able to provide an annotated screenshot with the parts of the page you're trying to move? I also wonder if there are some additional elements that might be interfering. I'd also like to test with your OS/browser combo if you're willing to share that also. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events