How to modify the default fields in Jira single issue

adrianoatl February 23, 2018

Is there a way to modify the default fields in a Jira single issue when displayed on Confluence? Right now it displays by default "issue type", "key" and "status", with the option to display or not "summary":

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.03.18 PM.jpg

But what I'd like is, using a Jira single issue, display "issue type" + "key" + "due" + "status". What I do not want is the Jira issue table format as it's big and bulky to fit in a 100-line table, one issue per line.

Can that be achieved?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2018

@adrianoatl, In short - No. :(  You would need to modify the Jira Issue Macro or write your own.

pjd

adrianoatl February 24, 2018

Thanks for the input, Peter. How do I modify the Jira Issue Macro? If you have a pointer to get me started, I'll be very happy to give it a try.

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2018

You would need to modify the .jar file file for the macro.  This is pretty involved and since I am not a developer there's not much more I can help with.  I recommend not doing this as it could cause problems when trying to upgrade. 

pjd

adrianoatl February 24, 2018

I see... going down that road it is something I do no want to do either. I'm guessing now that writing my own Jira Macro will be the same thing...

Thanks for your help, Peter.

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2018

No problem, I looked into this type of thing a while back and came to the same conclusion. 

0 votes
Stephanie L
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 10, 2018

Adriano, you noted "Right now it displays by default "issue type", "key" and "status", with the option to display or not "summary".  Where is this option?  I an trying to display JUST the Key and Status, so if this is achievable, can you tell me how?  (right now it shows, type, key, summary, status)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events