How to migrate the existing Atlassian Wiki Space content to New Wiki deployed in another network ?

Venkatesh Ramasamy March 23, 2014

Hi Team,

We have already deployed Atlassian Confluence Wiki product for our internal team needs.

We thought of deploying a separe new Wiki for our customer specific needs in their network. If we deploy a new Wiki, is it possible to migrate the existing content from old wiki to newly purchased Wiki.

Can you please help us with this clarification. Thanks!

Regards,

Venkatesh Ramasamy.

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2014

Hello Venkatesh,

I can recommend you 2 paths.

1) You can copy the existing instance and restore on a different server.

2) You can export spaces and select the specific contents you want to export.

The first option will export confluence with the users and other configuration while the second will need you to configure confluence in the new instance again and will consume some extra time.

I hope this helps!

Rodrigo

Thanks Rodrigo. We would like to understand, will Atlassian provide support directly in this content migration as part of Wiki purchasing process.

Regards,

Venkatesh Ramasamy

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Venkatesh,

Can you export the space as an XML file and import that into the new wiki?

Cheers.

Thanks Mic. From your response, we understood that it is possible to migrate the existing content from old atlassian wiki to newly deployed atlassian wiki.

If so, can you please guide us how to convert the existing content into XML file and import the same in new wiki.

Regards,

Venkatesh Ramasamy.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Venkatesh,

Ah, I'm not so technical that I can answer that. You can use that to export on a space by space basis, but I don't know how you'd import it.

In the Confluence Admin section you can also find the Import from Another Wiki under the Administration section (at the bottom of the list on the left). Is that useful to you?

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events