Hi dear

I wonder why dont we have a macro to mention you in Confluence

Example when we mention reader in Facebook

Thank you so much for help

2 answers

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2022

Hi Phong,

I replied on your duplicate discussion, but I'll close that now and include my reply here.

I understand you want a method to mention the reader, aka current user, in a Confluence page. Using mentions, you would mention a specific user, and they receive a notification.

Can you help elaborate on your use case of how you would use a "current user" mention? That will allow us to understand your requirement better.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Cloud Support

Nguyen Hoang Phong April 6, 2022

Thanks @Shannon S  for fast reply

This feature will help us in 1 scenarios:

- Create better guideline for current user. (they just click on your homepage to follow the guide)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hi @Nguyen Hoang Phong,

So, is it that you would want every one of your users to receive a notification that they were mentioned on a single page? 

The mention only points to a specific user, so it might be easier to share the page with your users using the Share a page feature, then everyone will get a notification.

Let me know your thoughts.

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Nguyen Hoang Phong April 7, 2022

Hi @Shannon S 

I don't want to mention people, I just wanna make a guideline and that guideline interacting with <current user>, example:
Step1: Go to the mailbox of <current user>
Step: Go to options/view...

Thank you for hear my idea

Phong

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

Hi @Nguyen Hoang Phong ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Mention a user could be helpful in order to track and notify tht person about a comment, a page and so on.

On a metting notes, for example, mention an attendee could be useful because each attendee will receive a notification about that note.

The real question is : "Why not?" :)

Fabio

Nguyen Hoang Phong April 6, 2022

Thanks Fabio I changed my question for more clear

Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

OK, now is more clear.

Usually this issue is related to an indexing issue but only Atlassian support can solve that.

Try to raise a ticket to atlassian support https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please let me know if it solves,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events