How to make space from Confluence cloud available for unlicensed users by my company subdomain

Семен Пивоваров November 19, 2021

Hi all!

Could not find information is it possible to make space from Confluence cloud available for unlicensed users by my company subdomain URL (not attlassian.net subdomain)?

Please link me to the appropriate documentation article.

3 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 19, 2021

Hi @Семен Пивоваров,

Unfortunately, Confluence Cloud isn't really designed for that. While you can manually create redirects from your domain to Confluence (e.g. via DNS as you mentioned), your users will always still have to end up on x.atlassian.net/wiki in the end.

There are however apps on the Marketplace which can help you achieve what you want. For example, with our app Scroll Viewport for Confluence you can publish your Confluence spaces as an external website, running on your own domain, which you can then make accessible to users who don't have a licensed Confluence account.

Scroll Viewport also supports SAML authentication. So, if you're using an identity provider, you'll even be able to restrict your help center and have your non-Confluence users log in via their SSO to access the content!

Hope this helps! If you have any questions about our app, let me know. :)

Cheers,
Sven

Thank you Sven

Like # people like this
Chris Stival December 1, 2021

Hi Sven,

My organization may have a need for this app...can you give some more information about how you allow for custom DNS for Confluence Spaces? Can you also expand on how SSL certificates are managed in this solution?

Thanks!

Like Sven Schatter _K15t_ likes this
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Chris Stival,

With Scroll Viewport you can publish your Confluence Spaces to an external website hosted under <your-subdomain>.scrollhelp.site. If you want to use your own domain, you can configure a custom domain by setting up some DNS records. You can find more information about this feature here in our documentation - which is also built on Scroll Viewport. :)

custom_domain.png

Hope this helps! If you want to see it in action and work out with our team whether Scroll Viewport fits your use case, you can also book a demo with us!

Cheers,
Sven

Like Chris Stival likes this
Chris Stival December 1, 2021

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the information. We're very early in this (could be several months) but I'm glad you got back to me. I'll come back here as things develop. This looks like exactly what we need :-) 

Thanks again,

Chris

Like Sven Schatter _K15t_ likes this
1 vote
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

Hi ! It's called anonymous access ! You can find intel about it here : https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/set-up-public-access/

Basically you can grant it on a space once it is enabled on your site.

Is it enough to fix your problem ?

I know about anonymous access, but the question was about DNS settings.

By example, I have a cloud Confluence space, available by URL https://myconfluence.atlassian.net/wiki

How can I make this space available by anonymous users from URL:

https://mydomain.com/product1/

0 votes
Conrado Maggi March 21, 2022

If you are looking to internally share confluence, you can enable anonymous access to your space. You can probably create a DNS redirect from docs.mycompany.com to myconfluence.atlassian.net/wiki I don't think a CNAME would work.

Another alternative is to use an app on the Marketplace which can help publish your docs under your own domain. For example, with DeskBase, you can publish your Confluence spaces as an external website and map your own domain or subdomain.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events