Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a page from a different space appear to be on the current space?

Juha Kuusama July 20, 2011

We are an engineering company, doing customer projects using our own semistandard parts and modules. Each customer is using their own space. I'd like to build a project documentation so, that when a documentation page referes to the documentation of our standard module, it looks as a part of the project documents. I know how to link to a page in a different space. The problem is that when a customer clicks a link describing our standard module, he is trasferred to the documentation tree of our common modules. I would like to keep the left hand side hierarchy display the standard module pages in the right places of the hierarchy (currently, they don't appear there at all) and also, when a customer goes to such a page, keep the hierarchy tree showing the customer's project, not our module documentation hierarchy.

Is there a way to achieve this, short of making separate copies to each customer's space?

Thank you!

-Juha

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2011

Can you not use the {include}macro?

You would have a pages in each customer space that mirrored the structure of your common documentation that contain the included content from your common space.

e.g. if you had a page called Glossary in the customer space it would be

{include:COMMON:Glossary}

You could create this for every referenced page just once in blank template space & use the Copy space plugin to create every customer space.

The only problem with this is that any links between common included pages would link to the Common space, not the customer space but with careful writing you could avoid this.

0 votes
Juha Kuusama July 20, 2011

ThankYou Matthew!

Can you not use the {include}macro?

Yes I can, now that I know about it. :-) This is exactly what I was asking for.

Regards,

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2011

How are you currently showing the hierarchy tree? Is this just the page template for Confluence?

What is the expected max number of parts and modules? What about customers?

Does your part/module documentation all have a common parent page, by any chance?

Do the customers each have their own accounts?

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2011

How are you currently showing the hierarchy tree?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events