How to logout all confluence or jira users - resetting the sessions in order to prevent Not permitted error?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2012

After switching from one LDAP to another, I discovered that many people were getting "Not permitted" error page.

An workaround is to logout and loging again but informing thousants of people to do so is not something easy.

The question is how can you logout all people?

1 answer

0 votes
CEDRIC ZABEL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2012

Simply restarting Jira logs everyone out. I discovered this by accident.

I don’t use Confluence, so I don’t know if this will work there, but you could try it.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2012

No it doesn't, at least in my case.

David Hergert _PAYX_ January 16, 2017

Agreed - I've restarted Confluence and user's session cookies still get them in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events