Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log in to Confluence with a URL?

Roger Brouwer May 28, 2018

I'd like to access my help documentation in Confluence from an application I've built. I'd like to configure a button in the application (e.g. "Help") to send a URL to my Confluence (server) instance that will log in and take me straight to the home page without displaying the login dialog. How can this be done?

4 answers

0 votes
Fanny Tastet January 27, 2023

Hi Roger, 

It has been a few years since you posted that question ;) ... I would be delighted to know if you managed to configure that Help button and log in automatically into Confluence ? I am having exactly the same issue and I am not finding any answers...

Thank you !

0 votes
Aaron Shapiro January 31, 2020

Why is it so damn hard to just log directly into Confluence? I try to get people access and they wind up getting dropped in Jira. But I don't give them access to JIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so over your cloud version. 

0 votes
Dave Szabo September 27, 2018

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am looking to accomplish the exact same thing.

Roger Brouwer September 27, 2018

Hi Dave,

No, not yet.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

Morning Roger,

You are looking to achieve two different things here:

• Depending on the Application you built, you may have to look for a plugin so that Confluence can talk to your Application.
  • You will have to enable SSO so that you don't have to log in again, please click here as I found this page very helpful when I wanted to try SSO myself.

Best of luck!

Roger Brouwer June 25, 2018

I'm not sure this answers my question. I'll try to explain what I'm looking for:

I'd like my app to search for a text string in a space on our Confluence server using a query URL. For example:
https://<my_confluence_url>/dosearchsite.action?cql=siteSearch+~+"<search_terms_here>"+and+space=<space_key>

But, if I am not logged in to Confluence, can I also include my login credentials in the query URL?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events