It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to log in to Confluence with a URL?

I'd like to access my help documentation in Confluence from an application I've built. I'd like to configure a button in the application (e.g. "Help") to send a URL to my Confluence (server) instance that will log in and take me straight to the home page without displaying the login dialog. How can this be done?

3 answers

0 votes

Morning Roger,

You are looking to achieve two different things here:

• Depending on the Application you built, you may have to look for a plugin so that Confluence can talk to your Application.
  • You will have to enable SSO so that you don't have to log in again, please click here as I found this page very helpful when I wanted to try SSO myself.

Best of luck!

I'm not sure this answers my question. I'll try to explain what I'm looking for:

I'd like my app to search for a text string in a space on our Confluence server using a query URL. For example:
https://<my_confluence_url>/dosearchsite.action?cql=siteSearch+~+"<search_terms_here>"+and+space=<space_key>

But, if I am not logged in to Confluence, can I also include my login credentials in the query URL?

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am looking to accomplish the exact same thing.

Hi Dave,

No, not yet.

Why is it so damn hard to just log directly into Confluence? I try to get people access and they wind up getting dropped in Jira. But I don't give them access to JIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so over your cloud version. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,195 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you