How to lock down a page for construction/turn off notifications to team

Marissa Moyer January 24, 2020

Hi everyone, I am planning a massive overhaul of our main company space, and want to know how I can do this without sending 10,000 notification emails to the staff. Is there a way I can somehow lock down the space for this weekend so I can make my changes in peace? Even if it means temporarily revoking everyone's access to the space or something?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Marissa Moyer

There's a few options here:

1. Remove all permissions from the space bar yourself via Space Settings > Permissions, depending on how complex these are. I tested this in our instance and the "Watchers" disappeared when they couldn't see the space, then re-appeared once I re-added their permissions.
  2. Remove all Watchers from pages / the space, depending on how many you have. You can view Watchers by going to the Space Overview page, press the eye icon in the upper-right corner and press "Manage Watchers" and selecting page or space - or do this for any single page the same way.
  3. Uncheck the "Notify Watchers" checkbox when Saving a page - for the new editor, the option is in the 3-dot icon inline with the "Publish" button.
  4. Publish no pages until complete - you can click the 3-dots icon next to Publish / Change to view a page's preview. And your edits should stay on the page, even if you choose to Close it without publishing.

^ Bar these, as far as I know, watchers will get a notification of each edit made to the page. This isn't customisable - see more information on what you do and do not receive as a watcher in this page.

If you do go with (1) - I would assume users won't get notifications but I would spot-test this with your users. For (2), this could be complex if you have a mix of users watching the space or single pages - I'd check each page as you work to confirm.

Ste

Marissa Moyer January 25, 2020

Thank you so much Stephen! This was exactly what I needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events