Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lift a part of a space into a new space.

CHD CM Support July 5, 2016

I have a tree of pages inside a space and want to "lift" it out into its own space. I want the root of this tree to be the home page of the new space. I can't figure out how to do this.

A new space has its own home page, which is created when the space is. There doesn't appear to be any way to move the root page of the tree into the space so as to replace this home page. The best I have managed is to move the root page under the home page and then make it the home page, but that leaves the original home page still there, and a useless level of hierarchy.

How do I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2016

You can get rid of the original page by making sure that the page is at the root level of the space (i.e. on the same level as the original homepage).  You can do this either by using the "Reorder Pages" section and dragging-and-dropping the page to the same level or by clicking "Move" while on the new homepage and leaving the target page blank.  Then you should be able to delete the original homepage.

CHD CM Support July 6, 2016

So easy!!! wink

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events