How to jump to a specific page in .pdf Documents via Hyperlink

Linus Lonz September 28, 2017

Hello everyone,

actually I need to create links to specific sites of individual .pdf documents for example: Dokument X on Page 3 which I have uploaded in my confluence system.

All I know about other systems is to put #page=3 in the end of the hyperlink of the document like:

.....pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3474673&preview=/..../31.pdf #page=3

but when I do this, only the Dokument opens, but not on page 3.

I tried many combinations and only

....pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3474673&preview=/..../31.pdf #3

jumps to page 3 of the document, but only when I load it twice (first time only the document opens and second time it jumps to page 3.

It would be awesome if anyone has a clue how to solve this problem.

Thanks for your time

kindly regards

Linus

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi, Linus,

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. I found an old feature request for this but it was closed due to lack of interest.

I've created a new one now, and so it will help if you can vote on it and show the developers the need for this. It will also help if you can comment on the request with your use case so we can best understand your needs. Lastly, feel free to watch the issue in case there are any updates:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Oculus Hut November 1, 2018

Hey Shannon - should I be able to view this?  The link appears to suggest that this was either deleted or that I do not have view permissiones.

Thank you!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2018

Hello,

The previous case was closed and the product management team has requested that those who are interested in this feature comment on the original request:

You can comment there with your usage case and feedback, so that it might be considered in the future.

Regards,

Shannon

Oculus Hut November 1, 2018

OK - thanks Shannon - will comment there instead!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events