How to input a shortcut to a jira issue in Confluence

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

We just came from OnDemand to the download version and

• I initually could input ABC-123 - but then that stopped working. It doesn't create a link
  • Then, I could input JIRA:ABC-123, but that doesn't work - it renders as text

Previously, when I input either of the above, it was a link - it didn't show the type, key, summary.

How do I:

• Input just a link to a jira issue - not the macro

Then, where we had a macro, there are errors and the only way to correct is to correct the data. But, I cannot locate any keyboard control to input the macro, JIRA issue - I can only use the keyboard to input the JIRA Issues macro.

Advice on any of these two is appreciated as we are having to go through ALL of our wiki pages and make edits to correct....this is hundreds of pages, if not close to a thousand...so, I only want to have to do this once!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Wolden January 29, 2013

The following documentation might help with creating links to jira issues:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Integrating+JIRA+and+Confluence#IntegratingJIRAandConfluence-CombiningConfluenceShortcutsandJIRAQuickSearch

Set-up shortcut links to your JIRA and set up the link to use the alias "%s" which will cause the search term to be displayed as the link text

So that way you can input [ABC-123@JIRA] and the displayed link will be ABC-123

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Alexander - thanks for that link as I've never used those shortcuts before. Do you know how do I get it to render ABC-123 instead of ABC-123@JIRA?

Really appreciate the help!

Alexander Wolden January 29, 2013

When you create the shortcut link, use "%s" in the alias field.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Perfect! Thanks so much!!!

0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Yes, trusted links are setup. This is only the only JIRA reference that doesn't work.

We actually had deleted all application links because the migration from ondemand left some application links that were updated that caused us issues (which you can imagine!), and recreated everything by hand.

So, everything else is working except this one. Where we had JIRA:ABC-123 and JIRA ABC-123, all render as text. Everything where the macro was used renders as errors. There is a known bug for this that doesn't appear to have plans to be fixed; Atlassian gave us a workaround, but it doesn't make sense and too intrusive - they want us to rename our jira instance and redo our application links - but, as mentioned, all other ones work. In these case, we're just fixing the data...alot of work, but seems safer (especially since we are live).

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to just render a JIRA Key with a link like I had before vs rendering everything.

When we had wiki markup, you could also do this:

{JIRA:CCC-672|columns=key)

to just display the key only (which is what we want)

But, that doesn't work.

In the RTE, we used to input the other formats mentioned and the worked.

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

have you setup trusted application links?

0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

BTW - we also used to be able to input JIRA ABC-123 and that would link to the correct JIRA key...but, that doesn't work either. It just displays as text.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events