Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to include an existing page into a template

I am basically trying to include an existing page in my comapany's confluence into a new template. I am able to include it the page into new page but cannot add it to a template. 

Steps followed:
Overview -> SpaceTools -> Apps -> New -> Document Sections -> + button( new Section) -> Edit content -> + -> Other Placeholders -> Include Page -> Space Key and Title of the Page -> OK

1 answer

@Vikas Peri Is your Confluence instance on cloud or server?  I would like to try and recreate the issue.

Hi @Brant Schroeder ,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Its on server btw.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Feb 01, 2022

@Vikas Peri I was able to get it to work.  The template always displayed an error in preview and would not render the content.  Once I used the template to create a page the excerpt content displayed as it should.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

768 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you