Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve the label autocompletion ?

Florent R_ April 29, 2021

Hi,

The label autocompletion works only with the beginning of the words. So, many users create redundant labels, with few differences. 

Is it possible to improve the autocompletion to search across the entire word of every labels instead of only the beginning ?

Have a nice day !

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florent R_ May 25, 2021

I found that the extension Labels Restrict do the job.

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2021

@Florent R_ There is nothing delivered that allows you to adjust how the autocomplete works. You could submit a feature request here https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa for Atlassian to improve the labels feature.

Florent R_ May 25, 2021

Thanks @Brant Schroeder , do you think there is a chance that a feature request will be answered, especially for Confluence Server ? Some really annoying bugs are not taken care of (for example, the losts attachments in Questions for Confluence) , so I don't hope much about a new feature (even numbered headings are ignored).

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

@Florent R_ I am only a user like you.  I would think that Confluence Server and Jira Server requests that would benefit the DC application would be answered since DC is the offering that they are focusing on.  I know that they are also in the process of improving their feature request process to help elevate real problems and issues to the top.  Is all I can say is submit it and see what happens.

Florent R_ May 25, 2021

Thanks @Brant Schroeder , I will do as you say.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events