Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to import pages with markdown format into Confluence?

Hi All - 

We have an external application "moinmo" having some 1000+ pages stored in markdown format.

Due to outage of license we want to migrate these pages to my already up and running confluence instance (sever instance). 

My question is - Do confluence support markdown format file while importing pages to the site? 

If yes, how to do this? Please help me over this.

Thanks

Chandra

2 answers

0 votes
Laura Holton Community Leader Dec 14, 2021

Hi @Chandra Sekhar pydi RAJU boni 👋

Welcome to the Community! This is certainly possible with Confluence Wiki Markup...

Confluence supports inserting content in markdown. This is often used in ReadMe files. See Markdown syntax guide for some examples of markdown syntax.

To insert markdown in the editor:

1. Choose Insert > Markup
  2. Select Markdown
  3. Type or paste your text - the preview will show you how it will appear on your page
  4. Choose Insert.

As with wiki markup, Confluence will convert your markdown to the rich text editor format. You will not be able to edit your content using markdown.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Hi @Laura Holton - 

Thanks for your quick reply.

We have this 1k+ pages and they will be exported as markdown file.

It means all these 1k+ pages will be scripted in one single markdown file and these markdown file is to be imported into our confluence.

So, i'm looking for this process.

Thanks

Chandra

0 votes
Fabian Lim Community Leader Dec 14, 2021

Hi @Chandra Sekhar pydi RAJU boni

This is possible using the markup macro and then inserting a markdown. Here are the instructions:   https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-wiki-markup-251003035.html

Regards

@Fabian Lim ,

Hi - THis is useful but not in my case.

I want to import pages using a markdown format file not to insert things in confluence pages in markdown format.

Please suggest in that.

Thanks for your link and help

Chandra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

42,641 views 29 133
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you