Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify the parent page of a specific page?

its moi March 24, 2022

In quite a big space (approx 1000 pages with a complex page tree) we try to open a specific page.

We do not know where in the page hierarchy this page is. When trying to view it, we get the message about a restricted parent page. But we have no clue which the parent page(s) are in this case. 

Is there a way to find out, using the page title or ID of the child page? 

Thanks for any help. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

In cloud there is breadcrumbs at the top that illustrates the page tree path. Is this not the case in server? The other possibility is if you use the Move page function it would illustrate the current parent I think. Also in clouds there is Page info under the more options.

its moi March 24, 2022

@Jack Brickey  thansk for you reply. Sure, this is the case on the server also. Also the page tree would help in this case. But I do not have full admin rights and are not allowed to see the parent page and therefore also not the current page I want to open. Just need to find out the id or title of the parent page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events