How to highlight anchors in page?

Deleted user July 31, 2017

I have a page with general information and want to link other pages to that main page. On that main page I have a table with on every row an anchor. On the other pages I created links to the anchors on the main page. The problem is that, when you click the link you are navigated to the anchor in the main page. But because all the anchors are so close to each oter, you can not clearly see which row in the table you nee.

Is there a way to highlight the anchor that you were navigated to?

2 answers

0 votes
Louis Bégin November 12, 2022

I had exactly the same need. Big table, my link brings to the right place, but the needed text is somewhere in the center of the screen. Impossible for the user to know which row is the one to consider.

Louis Bégin November 12, 2022

Sorry, wanted to post a comment, not an answer, and I don't see how to change it.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2022
Kathy Li February 1, 2022

I have the same problem too and top 2 links are ppl having the same issues and there is no answers. Can someone actually looking into this "highlight anchor" feature please?

Michele Atkinson February 4, 2022

I'm looking for it too but unfortunately found this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-34966 

Looks like the feature was closed due to lack of interest

Like aba, amb, alex.bakic likes this
John Ientile July 20, 2022

Same here, I think this feature would be very useful indeed from a UX perspective.  I think it should be reconsidered.

Like # people like this
Daniel Truttmann December 14, 2022

I just asked here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-34966  to reconsider the decision due to lack of interest. Maybe we will get a christmas gift:-)

Like aba, amb, alex.bakic likes this
aba, amb, alex.bakic September 15, 2023

Lack of interest? Why add anchors if I cannot find them?.. Memorize? Edit the page so I can see them?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events