How to have different users for Confluence vs JIRA

Keirstin Carson April 9, 2020

When trying to disable users in Confluence, it does not allow me to but instead says it is read only (the user list is coming from the JIRA instance which is using active directory). I need to have my 100 licenses available for JIRA, but only 10 for Confluence.  When I initially purchased the Confluence add-on I read that you did not have to match your JIRA users and Confluence users. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2020

To remove Confluence access for a user you just have to remove the user from the group that give them access, by default that group is called confluence-users. Since you are using Jira as your user directory in Confluence you have to this from within Jira.

Keirstin Carson April 9, 2020

The users I am not able to remove are not showing the confluence-users group on their profile.  The confluence-user group is not displaying in the user profiles to add from the JIRA side.  I talked to our network team and they had to create an Active Directory group for all of the JIRA users (this is the only group that is active for the user's profile but it is read only, so I cannot remove it), so we might have to do the same for confluence.  This way I just don't pull in the users to Confluence.  Then I can add the confluence-users group to actually give them access. Thank you for your help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events