Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get variables to work on Confluence Cloud

Tristan Silverio June 25, 2019

I created a template and added variables. When I try to create a new page using the template the variables aren't showing. 

Definition of template below

template creation.PNG

This is what I get when I create a page using the template

use template.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Susan Kelley February 9, 2021

Has this functionality been removed in the new editor? 2020/2021? I no longer see this as an option in my dropdown list in Confluence Cloud.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2019

Hello Tristan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you.

I'm trying to replicate this in my Confluence Cloud environment, but I'm not having the same options you are for my variables.

Could you tell me what you are using to create these variables? For example, I don't have an option to create a variable that allows a yes/no selection.

Are you using an add-on for this, or is this another version of Confluence than Cloud?

Regards,

Shannon

Tristan Silverio June 27, 2019

I'm not using an add-on. The variables is built-in to the default confluence cloud package we have. It only appears when I'm editing a template (see screenshot 1). The Yes or No is a variable of type list (see screenshot 2). Please advise

screenshot 1

new variable.png

screenshot 2

List.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2019

Tristan,

Thank you for confirming that. It looks that your template editor has been rolled out to the new editor, whereas my instance didn't have that available yet so I wasn't able to test properly.

I've found the following bug, and I think it describes the behavior you're experiencing:

Please take a moment to review that, and if you agree it's the same behavior, click This affects my team and you'll automatically be added to the list of watchers. At this time, there's no workaround for this issue, but if you're on the list of watchers, you'll be updated when there's an available workaround.

Best regards,

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events