How to fix the table header allways visible when editing a table

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Dear all,

We have a confluence page in which we use different tables.
We have a table which start to have a lot of rows.

When we are in Edit mode and we sart to scroll the page, the header of the table remains visible at the top of the screen and we can scroll down the page to see remaining rows with header all time visible.

When we switch in Edit mode, we do not have this same behaviour which makes edition hard when we start to edit new rows,

Is tehre a way to get the header all time visible as well in edition mode ?

Thanks for  help

regards

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Hi @serge calderara , you may use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Filter macro.

Wed 1-2.png

The selected number of rows will be frozen both in the Edit and View page mode.

Wed 1-1.png

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

Thnaks for your reply,

Nothing can be done without any plug-ins ? No native solution for edit mode ?

In addition to that, the plugin you refer did not pass the security rules so our policy is to not used such if security has not been validated

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

I'm afraid there is no any native solution for your case without any plugins.

What concerns the security issues you've mentioned, the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (its Cloud version) is a part of the Atlassian Bug Bounty program (app. 350 researchers included).

And as I understand, you use Server version where you host the app locally in comparison with the Cloud version. So, I didn't get which security rules you are referring to? If you have any specific questions, please, contact our support team. Otherwise we consider the app as a reliable one, and you always have a trial period to test it.

Anna Lena Baumann November 4, 2022

This really isn't a great solution as it comes out with two scroll bars. I removed it again, so there isn't so much scrolling confusion.

Like Mario Muetze likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events