How to find the number of pages, blog posts and users in a space Confluence?

Chantal Barcenas January 4, 2021

Hello!
I am currently collaborating with a company that uses JIRA and Confluence, they asked me to generate a dashboard that responds to the following:
How many pages are there in the current space?
What kind of documents exist in the space?
How many documents have not been updated for more than 6 months?
How many times has each of the users of the space been tagged?
The list of users who follow the space
They would be so kind to guide me as I can do this, since I already looked in several blogs and publications but I do not identify anything that allows me to solve this without resorting to additional plug-in.
For example, I found this post

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-find-the-number-of-pages-blogposts-and-attachments-720636388.html

but it doesn't tell me where I can run the queries to get the information for the report

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Chantal Barcenas

from the description it sounds you are looking for analytics which is available to Confluence Cloud Premium and Enterprise:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/view-analytics-to-see-how-content-is-performing/

It might be that not every requirement in particular is possible to query but maybe you can work along what is desired and what is provided to see if there is a partial match at least.

The evalaluator resources over here also refer to audit log. From my personal view they are less suitable for a monthly/quarterly reporting on figures.

Apart from that and especially in the light of the assumption that not every figure will be able to gathered: try to show which facts are most valuable to the management. Try to address them first, then work along the "nice to haves".

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Hi @Chantal Barcenas 

Welcome to Community! You can't run queries (SQL) on Confluence Cloud. The only alternative is to either use an add-on from Atlassian Marketplace or develop an add-on yourself. Those information you're seeking requires extracting the information via REST API and processing it into the desired data.

Chantal Barcenas January 5, 2021

@Prince Nyeche Thank you very much for your answer, any APP recommendation in Atlassian Marketplace so that I can develop this type of report?
Another question is ¿what happens if the version not in Confluence cloud is on premise?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events