How to export personal space

Max Kallenberger May 4, 2017

Hey,

is it possible to export the personal space?

I can export normal spaces as shown in the wiki.: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Exporting+Confluence+Pages+and+Spaces+to+XML

But if I create my private space like shown here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf56/setting-up-your-personal-space-658737009.html

I dont find any way to export the whole personal space.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

I had a look at this on my 6.8.1 instance, and I do see the option there. I went to my personal space, clicked on Space Tools > Content Tools > Export. This is the same method as exporting a normal space.

Can you let me know what version you're using? Can you confirm you have permissions on the space in order to export it?

Regards,

Shannon

Torsten Meringer April 19, 2018

You're right. Totally missed that.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

Torsten,

Thank you for confirming you were able to find that option! Hoping this can help the other users in this thread. 

Regards,
Shannon

neezy January 7, 2019

Hi Shannon,

i thank you for the solution. but I still have a question which was not answered by this.

Can personal spaces only be exported by the user who created it, or is there a way for an Admin to Export all personal spaces, import them in another confluence instance and assign them to the users they belong to? 

I imported all spaces from an older confluence instance to a newer one, and everything worked just fine. I forgot to Export/Import the personal spaces, therefore i wonder if I can use my admin user to Export all the personal spaces or do the users have to do that by themselves?

Because the older instance had local confluence users and the newer instance has users that were created by ldap, some spaces have corrupt space creators.. Is it possible to change those after a space was imported? 

Kind regards and thank you

Nico

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2019

Hello Nico,

In the Space Permissions you can check the Export Permissions, but admins should be able to also export the personal spaces.

Ideally, you'll want the username on the destination space to be the same as the origin space. If you import a space and the user doesn't exist, then the creator will show as Anonymous.

See Personal spaces are no longer linked and creator is anonymous for details on how to correct that.

In theory, even if the creator doesn't show as anonymous, and the username is different, provided that user doesn't already have a personal space, you can change the creator to the new username using a similar database query. You just want to make sure to adjust it for your needs. That is, in the example, the words "and creator is null;" would need to be changed.

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions about this, please feel free to raise a new question on Community so we don't hijack this older thread!

Regards,

Shannon 

Like neezy likes this
0 votes
Torsten Meringer April 19, 2018

Is this possible at all? Selectively exporting personal spaces?

0 votes
Matt Orr February 19, 2018

Any thoughts here.   Surprised this has gone 9 months with no answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events