Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit configuration of Confluence Global Dashboard

Will Dailey November 3, 2013

I wish to remove the Get Started Gadget from the Global Confluence dashboard and make some other useful modifications. There are instructions to do so which require:

"To make modifications to the dashboard, modify the global template /confluence/decorators/global.vmd or the layout at Confluence Admin > Layouts > Global Layout."

We have Atlassian OnDemand product. I am the admin for the tool set. I have searched through all of the admin functions and can not find Layouts. How can I edit the Confluence Global Dashboard to improve it for my user community?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2013

You can not.

OnDemand does not allow for customisation of code (and also has a limited set of addons you can install).

Your choices are:

• Move to self-hosted
  • Move to a host who will allow code changes like this
  • Find/raise a feature request for OnDemand customisations to the dashboard and wait for them to be implemented (I'm not aware of any existing ones that might work for you)
  • Live with it (and hope #3 gets done, of course)

Nic,

Thanks, I have a decent work around and we will implement tomorrow.

wkd

1 vote
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

Your end users won't see the getting started steps (only admins). We're tracking this request to allow OD admins to hide the getting started steps for themselves at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28255

What other modifications would you like to make to the dashboard? Something you can do in OnDemand is create a custom Confluence page with whatever content you'd like and set it as the site home page for all your users. (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+the+Site+Home+Page). That way your employees see this custom home page when they log in for the first time.

Bill,

A. Primarily I want to list all of the new Site Spaces in the right panel. So the end users can use the dashboard as a TOC. I would then split this panel and have just the most recent activity for all pages listed.

B. I read about creating a custom Confluence page and use this as the landing page. This is what I will do.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events