Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dynamically create content on pages based on table data

MJM August 11, 2019

I have such a simple problem and have no idea how to solve this in Confluence.

I have a page (Page A) with a table

ID      Name            Phone

111    John Smith   111-222-3333

112    Mary Smith   111-222-4444

I have other pages (Page B and Page C) where at the top of the page I would like to enter the ID from the table above, and have the Name and Phone number of that associated record shown on that specific page. So basically 3 pages. A is the table of person records, and the other 2 pages (B and C) would be the detail pages for that record, created dynamically based on a static entry of the ID at the top of those pages.

Is any of this possible? Thanks.

2 answers

2 votes
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Hi MJM,

Your use cases is exactly what Scaffolding and Reporting is used for.

In Page A, you can make use of table data macro to create a dynamic table and then in Page B and Page C you can make use of Reporting to query the results from Page A.

Page A:

Source:

Page 1 Source.png

Result:

Page A 1.png

Page B & C:

Source:

Page B.png

Result:

I will be more than happy to prepare a demo for your use case, If you are interested please create a support ticket in here

gk_b May 10, 2020

Thanks for your response. I am mainly looking for built-in capability without any add-on

1 vote
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2019

If you split up the table, then you might be able to make use of the Content by Label macro (e.g. use a label for each ID) or the Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros.

There are some CRM solutions in the marketplace that might solve for your example specifically https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=crm

But also have a look at the Reporting for Confluence app by ServiceRocket https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/186/reporting-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

There are probably other ways to do this using just built-in functionality or making it easier to use the built-in macros for your use case, but that would be more complex to answer than I can here.

gk_b May 10, 2020

Thanks for your response. I am mainly looking for built-in capability without any add-on

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2020

Thanks, I understand. Unfortunately, solving this with out the box features and capabilities is beyond the scope of what can be answered here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events