Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do filtration on a pre-existing pivot table and generate graph

emagnun May 9, 2021

I have a table that maps customers and the products they bought. I've made a pivot table that gives me the total product count of each customer. Now I want to make a graph from that pivot table, but I would want only those customers who have product count >=2 

Below is my graph and pivot table. As you can see, only Cust-1 and Cust-3 have product count >=2 and so, I only want those 2 customers to be listed in my graph. Cust-2 should not be displayed in the graph. How can I achieve this ???

Untitled.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2021

Hi @emagnun,

Just apply a filter to the Pivot Table macro:

2021-05-10_09h03_53.png2021-05-10_09h04_05.png

emagnun May 10, 2021

Thanks, this helped.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2021

How are you doing this in Confluence?

emagnun May 9, 2021

May be my question wasn't clear enough. 

My table is as below. I generated a pivot table as you can see from my original post. And using "Chart from Table" macro, I generated a graph which lists all customers. But I only want those customers to be listed in the graph who has product count >=2 . I was asking how to achieve that. 
capture.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2021

Ah, ok.  Well that macro simply redisplays the contents of a table.  So remove the data that you don't want to see from the table, and the macro will render what you want.

emagnun May 9, 2021

Thanks. Could you suggest how to remove those unwanted data from the pivot table?

One method that I thought of was to apply table transformer on my pivot table and generate another table removing the unwanted customers and then generate the graph. But I'm not so familiar with table transformer macro, still checking on that. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2021

It's not clear how you are generating the table, so I'm not sure.

Where is it coming from?

emagnun May 9, 2021

This is a table that's manually created. Every time when a customer orders a product, we enter the record manually. And then pivot table will get automatically updated.

This is my current page. As you can see I generate pivot table based on customer and product. 
Untitled.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events