Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable watching for a space?

John Corwith October 1, 2019

I work in a very large enterprise/Data Center with numerous "customers" and spaces. The admins won't disable the Watch (w) shortcut for the whole enterprise. Can it be done on a space basis? Trying to eliminate email being sent to watchers for comments (don't need or want watching at all for the pages in my space, at the page or space level.)

I tried the following Stylesheet entries all of which will eliminate the Watch button and thus the Watch modal so space watching is effectively disabled, but the (w) shortcut stays enabled so users can watch individual pages.

#watch-content-button {dislplay: none !important}

#navigation {dislplay: none !important}

#main-header {dislplay: none !important}

I've opened an Atlassian ticket,... please vote for it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-58943

A work-around if your admins will support it would be to disable the Watch (w) shortcut for your Confluence instance and put #watch-content-button {dislplay: none !important} in your space Stylesheet.

If you are a Confluence admin/control the system you can customize the shortcuts by making modifications inside a properties file.

To disable a particular shortcut, you can simply just comment out a respective line of code. One may like to disable the shortcut to one of the navigation links: View, Edit, Attachments, Info. For instance, to disable shortcut to Attachments one would comment out the following line:

#navlink.attachments.accesskey=a

Steps For Modification:

1. Stop Confluence
  2. Under your install directory, open \confluence\WEB-INF\lib\confluence-x.x.x.jar\com\atlassian\confluence\core\ConfluenceActionSupport.properties
  3. Search for the text you wish to modify (ex. =c), replace it and save the file in <Confluence-Install>\confluence\WEB-INF\classes\com\atlassian\confluence\core. Create this folder structure, if it does not already exist.
  4. Restart Confluence

I don't have admin access so maybe someone who does can provide the actual line to comment out.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events