How to direct user groups to their group home/welcome page

Jordan Cooperman December 30, 2015

I have 2 groups of users accessing the same instance of Confluence cloud.  Trying to understand the log in path for these groups - i.e. what default welcome or home screen they go to after they log in.  I have a main home page set up and also home pages for each of the groups.  Do they all go to the main home page as Confluence users, then select their group's space ?  Or can I default them to their group's home page ? 

4 answers

0 votes
Adrian Reid January 3, 2016

There's  a default landing page for everyone which is set up in Admin > Further configuration > Site Homepage. 

(Also each individual can set their default page in their profile under Settings.)

You could add redirect macros (ServiceRocket) to the landing page which redirect users to appropriate pages / spaces. These can work per user / usergroup by inserting Redirect macros inside Show-if Visibility macros also from serviceRocket.

And if you're wondering I have absolutely no affiliation with ServiceRocket.... :>

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2016

If you want to restrict people from seeing each other's pages, then you can put up restrictions on dashboards. 
You can chose to share them only with specific groups. Then only people in that group would be able to see that page.

You can put up restrictions on sharing by going in the 'manage dashboards' options.

Secondly, I haven't done this on confluence, but if it is the same as JIRA, then after marking the page as a favorite people would only redirected to that page. I have done the same in my JIRA instance. There is a dashboard for our team and I am redirected only to that after login or coming to main home page from any other page.

You can simply test that by marking any of your two set dashboards as favorite. Go to the manage dashboards options and mark one of the dashboards as favorites. 
Then try coming to your home page (g+g) is the shortcut. And log out and then log back in, you should be seeing the favorite marked homepage I hope.  

0 votes
Jordan Cooperman December 31, 2015

Good idea, but not sure if that would necessarily take them directly to that page from log-in but rather just list that page as a favorite on their left side link menu ?   Let me clarify... currently everyone hits a master home page for my confluence instance when they log in - I run a marketing agency and it's the agency's home page.  On that page they can see comments and items listed for all of the groups that are posted on the page - not my doing, seems to be the default for the master page for this instance as I can't find anywhere to edit this page (i.e. it's different than the home pages for each group which I can edit).  This is where my issue lies in that I don't want people from one group seeing items from another group on that main home page.  So wither I need to default them to their own group's home page immediately on log-in or be able to edit the master (my agency) home page to remove the comments, etc from that page.  Any more ideas ?

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2015

If by different home pages for different groups you mean you mean different dashboards, then you can ask people in a particular group to mark the corresponding homepage/dashboard as favorite.

Group A marks Dashboard A as their favorite.
Group B marks Dashboard B as their favorite.

After that they will be redirected to their corresponding dashboards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events