How to customize dashboard with ZEN Theme

Marek March 13, 2013

Hi,

I have some troubles with customizing my dashboard when the ZEN theme is active. I can't find any options that will allow me to make changes in dashboard.

I have noticed that when I switch theme to Default, I am able to edit Global Layout (Look and Feel -> Layouts -> Global Layout). This allows me to make some changes, however when I switch theme back to ZEN, all changes made by me are no longer taken into account.

Thanks in advance.
Marek

3 answers

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Hi Marek,

Unfortunately, there's a technical reason behind the limitation (Confluence doesn't support template editing when using the non-default theme).

However, I created a feature request to allow admins to block anonymous users from viewing the dashboard (along with the people directory, which is another common request).

In the meantime, I would consider adding some JavaScript via a Zen brand or a user macro (which could be placed in the footer) that would detect anonymous users reaching the dashboard and redirect them to the home page.

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hi Marek,

Yes, there is minimum change available on the dashboard. The normal strategy is to create a "landing" space and add menus and other content to that space's home page to provide a more web-like experience for users. (We reserve the dashboard for administrators, who are the best users of this.)

A bit more information is available here:

http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Configure+Site+Homepage

Or let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Darryl

Marek March 21, 2013

Thanks for your answer :)
I am aware of hiding link to original dashboard and creating my own one (this was the first thing I have done). However, I want to completly disable the original dashboard from security reasons. I don't want anonymous users be able to see history version, authors name, etc. (even if the link to dashboard is hidden, there is still posibility to enter that page). My first idea was to customize the dashboard by editing Global Layout (I wrote about this in first post)- this allows me to remove displaying of history version etc. Why there is no similar option in ZEN configuration ?

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Hello Merek,

Per the description that you've mentioned, IMHO this can be a kind of expected behaviour of the ZEN Theme, that have a kind of default when the theme is applied that doesn't allow to perform changes in the dashboard(and as you mentioned that when you switch to the default theme you're able to perform the changes that you need, so to me it seems a kind of default from the ZEN Theme, makes sense?).

In this case I would try to make a contact with the Stepstone, that is the provider of this plugin/theme and probably they will be able to confirm this information to you. You can contact them by the following:

solutions@stepstonetech.com

http://www.stepstonetech.com/

1-206-441-5165

Kind Regards,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events