Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to create users programmatically?

How to create users programmatically?

4 answers

Hi @Ollie Guan , appreciate your response. I'm working on Confluence Server, not Jira Cloud.

Hi @Vikrant Yadav , thanks for replying. I'll check out the links

Hi @Vikrant Yadav , it seems that the first link that you provided has already been deprecated and the REST API documentation doesn't have a method of creating new users, just getting existing users

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this

Yes , you are right. I have just double checked , create user API is not available for confluence in latest api doc. 
Unfortunately you have to create users manually.

Thanks

0 votes

Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update .This article is really very interesting and effective.

Login AdvancedMD

Hello Chong Jing Hong,

Consider using a scripting solution as found on the Atlassian Marketplace.

If you are using Power Scripts, you can do so using the admCreateUser() routine. For example (from the documentation):

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 11.43.37 PM.png

Regards,

Hyrum

Due to Confluence Cloud security features, you may need to open the documentation in incognito mode or by logging out of Confluence.

Please note that I am a product engineer for Power Scripts and that I work for Anova Apps (Appfire).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

443 views 17 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you