Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an article from Jira Service Desk Issue

Dear all,

yes, I have seen the existing article regarding my question, but I don't get a working answer... so I have to request.

We use Jira Service Desk 7.5.1

If I want to create from a Service Desk Issue a Confluence article, I receive the message: We're having trouble communicating with the application. Wait a minute, then try again.

image.png

To solve this, I add in the confluence space permissions, Anonym add pages permissions.

image.png

With this setting, a click on create an article open a new confluence page and I receive a "" from the confluence.

image.png

So, what is my problem?
Authentication? I have logged in on both sites

image.png

A permission problem?

Will be great if someone could help me in this topic, thx

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Dear Ismael,

thx for the quick answer!
I will check the settings, best I can...

Let's start with the Links, see below the settings from the Service Desk

image.png

and following the confluence space settings

image.pngMy user is an administrator in both systems

Service Desk

image.png

Confluence

image.png

The error always happens, independent from the issue I select in Service Desk

image.png

Could you explain to me how to: Confirm what setting you have in between both applications(Oauth vs Oauth with Impersonation)?

br Hermann

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2019

Hi hermann.laemmerer@schweighofer.at 

Can you press edit on your application link configuration? This should show us the exact settings in place. 

Also, do generate a support zip from both applications when the error occurs, noting the time you tested creation of the document  as I would like to see what exactly could be going on in the logs.

PS. If the data is considered sensitive, I’ll suggest raising a ticket with Atlassian support due to the NDA they have in place.

Thanks. 

Ismael

Following the Application Link details

image.png

The Confluence Log

2019-07-02 15:36:59,492 WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-9] [plugins.createcontent.actions.CreateAndEditAction] setDraftId Requested draft with id >0< was not found
-- referer: https://jira.schweighofer.at/projects/HSITSD/queues/custom/16/HSITSD-6018 | url: /plugins/createcontent/draft-createpage.action | traceId: 8190ac2be7f09c71 | userName: laemmerer

hmmm, no no template to create a content was defined?

How I could define this?

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2019
  • Go to confluence.
  • Create a template that is displayed normally when a user is creating issues.
  • Test from confluence that the template can be used within the space you linked with JIRA.
  • Go back to JIRA, attempt to create the document from it.
  • Select the template you created.

This should fix the problem if this was related to template.

Cheers.

Dear Ismael,

how could I define which template the Jira Service Desk calls in the Confluence?

image.png

because I did what you explain above.

I create in the Space a new template

image.png

Addition I create a global template

image.png

Both are useable in Confluence if I create a new page/articel

image.png

But the problem is still the same...

If i click in Jira Service Desk on "create an article"

image.png

i receive page can't be displayed

image.png

In the Log on the server the message, draft with id >0< was not found, so maybe i have a problem im Jira Service Desk?

2019-07-03 15:34:13,833 WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-9] [plugins.createcontent.actions.CreateAndEditAction] setDraftId Requested draft with id >0< was not found
-- referer: https://jira.schweighofer.at/projects/HSITSD/queues/custom/16/HSITSD-5790 | url: /plugins/createcontent/draft-createpage.action | traceId: f987c6d301c1bbb1 | userName: laemmerer

How could I define in Jira Service Desk the Template which is called in Confluence?

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2019

Hi hermann.laemmerer@schweighofer.at ,

Sorry for the late reply. Let's take 2 steps back:

1. Can you check if you can create a confluence page directly from confluence using the newly created template.
  2. If one works just fine, get me the applicaiton link configuration from both applications when you press edit as seen in the image below: 
    Screenshot 2019-07-06 at 07.15.12.png

If the second says Oauth, can you change this to Oauth with Impersonation on both application? I will like to rule out a problem with sessions not working correctly.

I would require logs from your confluence support zip(not just the section above) as I would like to know what is leading up to this problem.

Also, try clearing your browser cache or trying this from another machine to ensure that this is not a problem where old data is preventing this from working as intended.

To proceed more, I would need the whole section of error thrown in confluence when you attempt to create a page from JIRA. (should this be considered confidential to you, then please consider raising a ticket with Atlassian support.)

Looking forward to your reply.

Dear Ismael,

Can you check if you can create a confluence page directly from confluence using the newly created template.

Yes, it works, I could create a new articel with the new global and new space templates.

image.png

If one works just fine, get me the applicaiton link configuration from both applications 

Jira

image.png

Confluence

image.png

looks like OK

I will change the authentication methode... and come back with feedback

br Hermann

no idea what is the difference between OAuth (Impersonation) and OAuth

image.png

But now it works!

If i click on create an arctile

image.png

automatically a Confluence article is created

image.png 

So it works, THX for the support!

1 vote
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2019

Hi hermann.laemmerer@schweighofer.at ,

Please can you share the application link configuration you have in place? I would like to confirm that you have the configurations setup correctly. Despite the fact you have granted space permission to anonymous, I would suggest using an Oauth user for creating your pages and this means either the user exists on both servers and has all needed privileges on the space(you can even test this by granting your single user the needed permission.)

Also does this always happen or happens at intervals? 

• Potential network related problem where you cannot reach confluence at a specific time.

If possible also grab us a log from confluence and jira right after testing the above.

As I said, I suspect something to do with permissions at play here, so test the following:

1. Confirm what setting you have in between both applications(Oauth vs Oauth with Impersonation)
  2. If the later, grant your individual user more privilege to add page in the confluence space and also make sure your user exists in Confluence and at least has the confluence-users permission(global permission to use confluence default).
  3. Save this.
  4. Try again.

Let me know the result of the above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events