How to create a link to an attached file in the new edit model?

Martin Voigt September 5, 2019

In the old edit mode, I could create links to attachments. This seems not possible anymore, it always creates rectangles if inserting a file.

1 answer

1 vote
Project Guide September 7, 2019

Hello Martin,

please post an screenshot here, thx.

• Any plugins / extensions installed in the past which may cause strange behavior?
  • Do you have Admin Access for "error" logging here ?

Regards,

Project Guide
Munich, Germany

Martin Voigt September 9, 2019

Hello,

Thanks for your request. If I select an attachment like in the screenshot below, I can only click insert file. Afterwards, it is shown as box in the page (2nd screenshot). What I like to do is to create a link on a text (word or phrases), but if I select "link", not attachments are shown.

Best

Martin

screen-confluence.PNG

screen2-confluence.PNG

Pascal September 10, 2019

I'm a long time Confluence-user, but I have the same problem.

In the new editing experience: what is the simplest way to add a link to a previously uploaded file on the same page? 

As @Martin Voigt shows in the screenshots: when I use the "/File and images"-macro I see a bunch of files under the header "Recent uploads", but more usually than not the file that is attached to the current page is not in the list. (note: even if the file was attached a couple of days before; it's not a timing issue)

Clicking the chain-icon in the editing toolbar only brings up recently visited pages. There's no option to select attachements, as is the case in the old/default editing experience.

pascal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events